Wednesday 15 April 2009

If You Do Nothing Else This Week... See This Film


It's not very often that I'll plead with people to go see a film (in fact, I'm the kind of guy who gets a kick from having seen obscure flicks that others have bypassed - it makes me feel all special), but this week I'm emploring each and every one of you to go see In The Loop.

Why the sudden caring-sharing attitude? Why should I care about what you
spend your hard-earned cash on this weekend? Well, there's a few reasons. Firstly, it's a brillantly funny movie that manages to make politics interesting. Secondly, it has sprung forth from the mind of the comedy genius that is Armando Iannucci (come on, he's the man who gave us Alan Partridge and The Day Today). Thricely, if you don't go and see it, the box office takings may be pitiful and we may never get the chance to see such clever, witty and, most importantly, British fare on the big screen for quite some time to come.

Don't just take my word for it, Empire, The Times, Total Film and countless other critics have been gushing with their praise and you will be too if you just take a chance. Trust me, you won't be disappointed - hell, you might even like it so much that you'll be driven to write a blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments !