Monday 18 May 2009

Desperate For Friends


I miss Friends. I do. I know it's a little pathetic to admit in a kind of 'it's been 5 years get over it already' way, but I can't help myself. I miss watching a brand new episode and laughing at the witty quips for the very first time, I long for the days of being the first to get a new Friends quote into everyday conversations and feeling that glowing sense of pride. But most of all I miss my friends - Joey, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe... guys, it's been too long.

That's why I'm a little bolstered by the news that Monica (aka Courteney Cox, but she'll always be Monica to me) is returning to our screens after a significant absence to star in Cougar Town, a new ABC show about a newly-single mother to a 17 year-old son. The third best actor of the Friends clan (after Ross and Rachel), it's about time we had Monica back on our screens and in our hearts where she rightfully belongs. Sure we only need to open a magazine to get a glimpse of our dear Rachel, and there's always re-runs of that below par spin-off when we want to capture the essence of Joey, but there has been a severe lack of Monica in our lives (Dirt never really got off the ground now did it?).

So I welcome this Cougar Town news wholeheartedly, and have wildly optimistic expectations that it is going to be wildly successful.

Now all we need to do is get David Schwimmer out from behind the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments !